3 people required – from anywhere in Northland, although Board meetings are currently held in Whangarei
Northland Down Syndrome Support Group is a not-for-profit group who support children and adults with Down syndrome and their whanau to feel fully included in their community. We provide networking and support groups for all life-stages, from babies and pre-schoolers to school children to adults. We support parents and carers through the journey of life with a child with Down syndrome and we help those children make lifelong friends along the way. We also work with schools and other education professionals to ensure that our children are successfully included in the school community and are able to maximise their learning potential during their schooling.
We have ambitious plans for our future growth and are looking for new Trustees who have depth and breadth of experience to help us achieve our vision.
· 6 meetings per year (including an AGM), currently held between 7pm and 9pm in Whangarei
· Ongoing hands-on leadership of and support for the Trust’s activities throughout the year
Training will be provided as needed. Specific requirements
We are particularly seeking people with the following skills and experience:
· Financial management and payroll
· Fundraising and bid writing
· HR and people leadership (including volunteer recruitment and management)
· Knowledge of Tikanga and Te Reo Maori
· Policy writing
· Graphic/web design and community engagement through social media
· Event Management
· Not-for-profit governance
Most of all, we are looking for enthusiasm, a hands-on approach, and a commitment to supporting people with Down syndrome across Northland.