Music in Units at NRCF
We are looking for volunteers that have a passion for music to provide a musical activity and share knowledge to prisoners who have an interest.
Units are located at the Northland Regional Correction Facility.
Volunteers will be taken through a prison induction, teaching volunteers how to keep themselves aware of their environment and keeping themselves safe. Specific requirements
- Passion for music
- Know how to care for musical equipment and instruments.
- Be reliable, non-judgmental, punctual, personable, have good listening skills and patience
To keep everyone safe it is required to:
- Attend the induction provided by the Department of Corrections
- Be over 21 years of age
- Complete a "Department of Corrections Third Party Clearance Application"
- Provide 2 character references