Flax Weaver at NRCF
To provide prisoners at NRCF with knowledge in flax weaving.
- Show, teach prisoners how you do Flax Weaving.
- Arriving to the activity on time, as we have a strict schedule (prisoner dispo) to adhere to. You will need to allow enough time to get through the gatehouse (around 10 mins).
- Recording attendance of the prisoners, and then forwarding this to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Work in a team environment and comply with Department of Corrections staff instructions while volunteering.
- All volunteers must undergo background checks prior to working with children including references, ministry of justice checks and completing health & safety Induction training.
Skills, Attitudes & Experience needed:
- Prior experience in flax weaving.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with prisoner and Corrections staff.
- Reasonable fitness (able to walk to and from units unassisted).
- Patient, compassionate and non-judgemental.
- To act with integrity and professionalism and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- To maintain regular contact with the Regional Volunteer Coordinator to seek supervision and support.