Community Carer (Volunteer) Whangarei
We have a great opportunity as a Community Carer Volunteer in Whangarei.
In this role you will provide care, companionship and assistance to residents in a local rest home environment. This will include things like:
- Listening to and talking with residents
- Helping to deliver meals, making drinks
- Assisting with walks in the rest home grounds
- Reading books and magazines to residents
You can apply on the St John website by clicking on their logo (scroll down to the apply button).
We offer full training in the role. Specific requirements
- A good listener
- Able to work unsupervised
- A good communicator
- Friendly, caring and compassionate
- Respectful of the boundaries of the role - e.g. does not give advice, undertake clinical care or lifting.