ESOL Home Tutor
Trainee ESOL Home Tutors are being sought to learn how to teach English on our inspirational, NZQA-approved training course. You can then work in partnership with a migrant or refugee-background learner.
- Train as an ESOL home tutor
- Gain new skills
- Help people in your community
- Learn about New Zealand's diverse cultures
- A good understanding of everyday English, but you do not need to be a native speaker of English
- Early June 2019 - an intensive training course held over 3 days (20 hours minimum)
- Exact dates to be confirmed. 9am to 5pm Fridays and 9am to 1pm Saturday
- Training venue: ELP Northland, 10 Rathbone Street, Whangarei
Time Required - ongoing commitment:
- Interested in helping learners develop English skills and understand their local community?
- Culturally sensitive and accepting of diverse opinions and views?
- Understanding of the challenges of learning to live in a new community?
- Able to communicate well in written and spoken English?
- Friendly, flexible and willing to take initiative?
- 1.5 to 2 hours per week (after training)
- Education & Training
- Second Language
- Tutoring & Mentoring