Special Olympics Coaches required - Football / Bocce / Indoor Bowls / Swimming (assistant)
Special Olympics Whangarei Club requires Coaches to assist with the Sports programme. Coaching will benefit Special Olympics athletes who have an intellectual disability or delayed development.
We need coaches for the following codes:
Football / Bocce / Indoor Bowls / Swimming (assistant)
Training will be on the job from the Regional Sports Coordinator and through online coaching modules and coaching support material. Specific requirements
- Some knowledge of the sports code preferred, player level ok.
- Must be able to encourage and support both athlete and volunteer members of the Club.
- Ability to communicate and work with athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Able to train the group on a day that suits you for 1 hour per week, (central Whangarei) and be able to attend 1-2 competition days a year on a weekend if possible.
- Willing to help the Club host other sports it offers.