Special Olympics Coaches required - Football / Bocce / Indoor Bowls / Swimming (assistant)
Special Olympics Whangarei Club requires a Coaches to assist with the Sports programme. Coaching will benefit Special Olympics athletes who have an intellectual disability or delayed development.
We need coaches for the following cades:
Football / Bocce / Indoor Bowls / Swimming (assistant)
Training will be on the job from the Regional Sports Coordinator and through online coaching modules and coaching support material. Specific requirements
- Some knowledge of the sports code preferred, player level ok.
- Must be able to encourage and support both athlete and volunteer members of the Club.
- Ability to communicate and work with athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Able to train the group on a day that suits you for 1 hour per week, (central Whangarei) and be able to attend 1-2 competition days a year on a weekend if possible.
- Willing to help the Club host other sports it offers.