Become a Foster Carer
Bay of Islands Animal Rescue is looking for committed people who can offer short term care to needy pets in their own homes.
Would you like a pet but are not in a position to give long term commitment?
Do you have a spare room you could offer a needy cat or time to devote to cheering up an unhappy dog?
If you can’t have a pet of your own or aren’t able to foster would you like to help by fund raising or sponsoring a dog?
What you will be doing:
- Caring for Bay of Islands Animal Rescue pets in your own home until they can be rehomed
- Pets might be recuperating from operations, too young to rehome yet
- You may also offer to foster pregnant females or mums and litters
- You will be providing all the care they need by feeding, exercising, cleaning, socialising, giving medication and grooming – don’t worry we can provide materials if needed
- Experience of handling and caring for pets
- You need to live within an hour of the central Bay of Islands and have use of suitable transport
- A spare room if fostering cats, a garden is beneficial if fostering dogs
- Willingness to learn and follow Bay of Islands Animal Rescue procedures
- Competent, flexible and self-motivated
- Above all to be kind and patient