Special Olympics Whangarei Club Athletics Coach
Special Olympics Whangarei Club requires a person to coach Club athletes for the Athletics programme. Coaching will benefit Special Olympics athletes who have an intellectual disability or delayed development.
Training will be on the job from the Regional Sports Coordinator and through online coaching modules and coaching support material. Specific requirements
- Some knowledge of Athletics preferred, currently practicing athlete ok.
- Must be able to encourage and support both athlete and volunteer members of the Club.
- Ability to communicate and work with athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Able to train the group on a day that suits you for 1 hour per week, (central Whangarei) and be able to attend 1-2 competition days a year on a weekend if possible.
- Willing to help the Club host other sports it offers.