Special Olympics Whangarei Club Swimming Assistant Coach
Special Olympics Whangarei Club requires a person to assist the coach for the 2018 Swimming programme. Coaching will benefit Special Olympics athletes who have an intellectual disability or delayed development.
Training will be on the job from the Regional Sports Coordinator and through online coaching modules and coaching support material. Specific requirements
- Some knowledge of Swimming preferred, current practicing athlete ok.
- Must be able to encourage and support both athlete and volunteer members of the Club.
- Ability to communicate and work with athletes of all ages and abilities.
- Able to attend training with the group on Wednesdays each week and be able to attend 1-2 competition days a year on a weekend if possible.
- Willing to help the Club host other sports it offers.