Special Olympics Whangarei Club Chairperson
In line with the Club Rules the Club Chair is required to preside over all Club Executive Meetings, Special General Meetings and the Annual General Meeting. In addition, the Club Chair oversees all Club based sports, fundraising, compliance and volunteer activities. The Chair is also the first point of contact for management of any complaints that are received concerning any of the Club members. Additionally the Club Chair is the designated member of the Regional Council for the geographic region unless they provide minuted delegated authority to another member of the Executive Committee.
You will receive support from the Executive Committee members and your Regional Sports Coordinator. Specific requirements
- Be the spokesperson for external Club matters.
- To preside over all Club meetings following the criteria that has been set out in the Club Rules. To ensure adequate planning and budgeting is undertaken in line with business practice.
- To oversee Club projects/events, timeframes and budgets.
- To manage any member complaints adhering to the Complaints Member Discipline and Appeals Policy.
- To oversee the process for managing any incidents at Club events.
- To support all specific programmes as agreed by Special Olympics New Zealand including the Athlete Leadership Programme, Healthy Athlete Screening® Programme and the Unified Sports Programme.
- To assist with building awareness and understanding of Special Olympics in the wider community.