GirlGuiding NZ - Unit Leader
Becoming a volunteer for GirlGuiding NZ is an amazing way to give back and keep learning.
GirlGuiding NZ is New Zealand’s largest girl-only organisation and it’s our vision to see that all girls and young women are inspired and empowered to take action to change their world, but we can’t do that without volunteers.
Our volunteers work closely with girls and young women between the ages of 5 – 17 years old, playing an instrumental role in introducing them to new experiences and helping them develop skills and confidence that will last a life time.
Volunteers organise weekly events for up to 2 hours during school terms, with opportunities to get involved in activities outside of these regular meeting times.
As a volunteer you will:
- Provide effective leadership, direction and support to girls
- Plan fun and challenging events that are relevant and built around the interests of girls today
- Have the creative flair to deliver these programmes in ways that are engaging
- Work collaboratively with other leaders as part of an effective team
- Build connections with children, their families, other volunteers and the wider local community
We will provide you with free leadership training, ongoing support and opportunities for further development. Specific requirements
You do not require any previous Guiding experience to become a leader - just great drive and a passion to empower girls and lead them toward bright futures!