Treasurer Bream Head Conservation Trust
The Bream Head Conservation Trust is on the lookout for a new treasurer in the new year. We need a community minded person with accounting skills to take on this role, get involved with a group of conservation minded folk, and get some management and governance experience at the same time. This is a voluntary position, as are all the board roles.
The role entails:
- Preparation of monthly financials in Xero – P&L, Balance sheet, listing and payment of creditors, invoicing, brief report - all sent to Board for monthly meeting.
- 2-monthly GST returns.
- Cash flow monitoring, overseeing tagged fund expenditure (10 - 15 debtor and creditor invoices per month in total).
- Preparing summary of ranger hours by budget (approx. 4500 p.a.)
- preparing draft financial accounts and Statement of Service Performance for review by external accountant. (not audited)
- Preparing annual cash budget in conjunction with fundraising committee and loading into Xero.
- Reporting to funders.
- community minded
- accounting skills
Monthly tasks: 6 – 8 hours per month
Annual tasks: 10 hours annually
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.