Conflict Awareness and De-escalation training
Confirmed. Location: Whangarei. 3 hour training. Subsidised by Oxford Sports Trust. This training is designed for volunteer and paid staff of non-profits who work with the public. Learning about de-escalating conflict situations will help keep everyone safe.
Content of a session:
- Legislation that impacts on their safety including, Health and Safety, Assault, Self Defence and trespass.
- Conflict de-escalation techniques, including body language and flat line de-escalation.
- Practical techniques, basic safety moves used by enforcement agencies.
- Conversations based on the situations that your staff have face.
- Situational Awareness and how to keep themselves safe.
- Workbook in PDF format supplied before the training.
- Certificate of completion.
- The session includes a 15 minute break.
The Orchard, Level one, 35 Walton st, WhangareiTime:
1pm till 4pm, please allow a few minutes to settle in so the training can start on time.Cancellation
: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as noon on the day. We (might) have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.