EOI for First Aid trainingFunding to be confirmed.
Locations (and dates) to be announced for 2022. We are looking for Expressions of Interest
for the one-day/8-hours First Aid Training, NZQA Unit Standards:
- Venue: to be announced
- Start time: 8:30am, please allow a few minutes to settle in and grab a cuppa
- Catering: Tea/Coffee provided, bring your own lunch (Half hour break) or buy from a cafe in the area
- Outfit: Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to move around and on/off the floor
- Cancellation: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as 8am on the day. We might have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.
Being able to respond first, while waiting for medical professionals to arrive, is essential to helping others and saving lives.
This course covers:
- safe scene management
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- airway obstruction
- control of severe bleeding
- safe side positioning
- common first aid conditions and how to respond to them
- assessment of emergency situations
- adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking (CPRL2)
- bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains, burns, poisoning
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded a New Zealand Red Cross first aid certificate, valid for 2 years.NZQA Unit Standards:
This course also meets the Department of Labours - First Aid for Workplaces - A Good Practice Guide (September 2009) and all NZQA First Aid training requirements.
Contribution: $30 plus GST (add $15 admin fee for participants from non-profits not registered with Volunteering Northland)