EOI for First Aid and Refresher
We organised 26 training dates in the last few years, 493 participants. We are looking for Expressions of Interest
for more First Aid Training in 2021. The one-day/8-hours workplace training and the 6-hour refresher. We will organise this subsidised workshops depending on interest
and after funding is approved
- Venue: to be announced
- Start time: 8:30am, please allow a few minutes to settle in and grab a cuppa (refresher starts at 10:30)
- Catering: Tea/Coffee provided, bring your own lunch (Half hour break) or buy from a cafe in the area
- Outfit: Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to move around and on/off the floor
- Cancellation: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as 8am on the day. We might have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.
Being able to respond first, while waiting for medical professionals to arrive, is essential to helping others and saving lives.
This course covers:
- safe scene management
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- airway obstruction
- control of severe bleeding
- safe side positioning
- common first aid conditions and how to respond to them
- assessment of emergency situations
- adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking (CPRL2)
- bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains, burns, poisoning
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded a New Zealand Red Cross first aid certificate, valid for 2 years.NZQA Unit Standards:
06401, 06402. If supplied with a valid NZQA ID number, New Zealand Red Cross will lodge these credits for you on successful completion of the course.
This course also meets the Department of Labours - First Aid for Workplaces - A Good Practice Guide (September 2009) and all NZQA First Aid training requirements.
Contribution: $30 plus GST (add $15 admin fee for participants from non-profits not registered with Volunteering Northland)