Governance bites #4, 4 NovemberGetting and keeping good board members
Session 4 of 10, 90 minutes Governance workshops, for anyone who is on the board
of a community organisation.
Sessions in Whangarei are live-streamed
all over Northland.
- Date: Monday 4 Nov, 16 Dec and continuing on 9 Mar in 2020
- Time: On-site, 5:15pm with a slice of pizza. On-line: Camera rolling at 5:15pm. Session starts 5:30. Click HERE.
- Venue: ASB Lounge 1 at the ASB Stadium, Corner of Western Hills and Kensington Ave, Whangarei
- Cost: no cost ($10 donation expected from on-site participants for pizza)
- Certificate: "Governance Bites Certificate" provided on request after joining 7 sessions
- Preferred for all: Join the Facebook group Community Governance Northland so you will be kept up to date.
- In addition On-site attendants need to use the sign-up button above on right, so there is enough pizza
- No Facebook account(?) and for other assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800-865268 / 09-9454984.
The sessions will cover the basics of what good governance looks like, and will provide tools for ensuring a board is effective in adding value to the important work that your organisation does. This workshop is suitable for both new, potential and experienced board members
- 12 Aug: What is a board actually for?
- 9 Sep: Understanding your constitution, rules or trust deed
- 14 Oct: Life cycles of organisations and boards
- 4 Nov: Getting and keeping good board members
- 16 Dec: Working with difficult people
- 2020 topics as of 9 March: Secrets of a good board chair / How to have better meetings / The board as a team / Legal responsibilities of boards / Reading financial statements for board members / Strategic leadership / Managing key personnel / Board manager relationships / Reporting
These workshops are:
- Facilitated by Volunteering Northland
- Supported by SPORT Northland
- Funded by Foundation North
- Recorded by C North
- Delivered by LEAD Sandy Thompson