EOI for First Aid training and refresher
We are looking for Expressions of Interest
for First Aid Training, The two-day/12-hours comprehensive workshop, the 8-hour workplace training and the 6-hour refresher. We will organise these subsidised workshop in different Northland location depending on interest
The training will help you to know what to do in an emergency or at the scene of an accident.
- Venue(s): To be announced
- Start time: 8:30am, please allow a few minutes to settle in and grab a cuppa
- Catering: Tea/Coffee provided, bring your own lunch (Half hour break) or buy from a cafe in the area
- Outfit: Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to move around and on/off the floor
- Cancellation: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as 8am on the day. We might have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.
Being able to respond first, while waiting for medical professionals to arrive, is essential to helping others and saving lives.
You will learn:
- assessing emergency situations
- adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking
- bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains and head injuries
- hypothermia, burns and poisoning
- medical emergencies, including asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- how to manage complex medical and traumatic emergency care situations.
- $30 plus GST (add $15 admin fee for participants from non-profits not registered with Volunteering Northland)