First Aid trainingConfirmed
Essential First Aid Training, one-day/8-hours
workplace training, subsidised by Foundation North.
The training will help you to know what to do in an emergency or at the scene of an accident.
- Venue: Red Cross Training Room, 59 Bank Street, Whangarei.
- Start time: 8:30am, please allow a few minutes to settle in and grab a cuppa
- Catering: Tea/Coffee provided, bring your own lunch (Half hour break) or buy from a cafe in the area
- Outfit: Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to move around and on/off the floor
- Cancellation: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as 8:30am on the day. We might have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.
Being able to respond first, while waiting for medical professionals to arrive, is essential to helping others and saving lives.
You will learn:
- assessing emergency situations
- adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking
- bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains and head injuries
- hypothermia, burns and poisoning
- medical emergencies, including asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- how to manage complex medical and traumatic emergency care situations.
- This course meets NZQA standards (6402 + 6401) and requirements of the “First Aid for Workplaces – A Good Practice Guide 2011” for the majority of workplaces.
- $30 plus GST (add $15 admin fee for participants from non-profits not registered with Volunteering Northland)