Conflict Awareness + De-escalation training
Confirmed. 3 hour training. Subsidised by Foundation North. This training is designed for volunteer and paid staff of non-profits who work with the public. Learning about de-escalating conflict situations that will help keep everyone safe.
Content of a session:
- Legislation that impacts on their safety including, Health and Safety, Assault, Self Defense and trespass.
- Conflict de-escalation techniques, including body language and flat line de-escalation.
- Practical techniques, basic safety moves used by enforcement agencies.
- Conversations based on the situations that your staff have faced.
- Situational Awareness and how to keep themselves safe.
Date: 1 April 2022
- Workbook in PDF format supplied before the training.
- Certificate of completion.
- The session includes a 15 minute break.
The Orchard Business and Event Hub, level one, entrance - 35 Walton Street, Whangarei 0110Time:
9am till 12pm, please allow a few minutes to settle in so the training can start on time.Cancellation
: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know. We (might) have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Scannable Vaccination Pass on arrival is required.
- Please make sure you use the Tracer App when entering the premises.
- Masks are required on entry and at all times in the communal spaces on the premises.
- There is no on-site parking available, but the Vine St carpark is just around the corner.
Feedback earlier sessions:
- Great presentation.
- I found the trainer to be at our level of understanding. A good man for the job!
- During the exercise I was able to identify within myself what I was doing wrong, once it was brought to my attention by the facilitator.
- Learnt a lot today in a small time frame.
- Very informative. Appreciated the presenters experience, skill and knowledge.
- Thoroughly enjoyed this course and the information contained.
- Excellent options to use in the workplace.
- Great, Great!! I will take a lot out of this. Thanks.
- Good facilitator, kept interesting, lots of real life examples to relate to situations. Nice to have some humour, it's never an easy topic but was nice for it to be “lightened up”.
- Really relevant information en enjoyable. Craig is an excellent facilitator and is very engaging.
- Would highly recommend. Will go back to my team and talk with them and develop some strategies around keeping ourselves safe I would like all my staff + volunteers to do this.
- With Covid, mental health, aggression, problems have been exacerbated. This training is very relevant to our charity.