Essentials First Aid trainingConfirmed
. Essential First Aid Training, one-day/8-hours
workplace training, subsidised by Oxford Sports Trust.
The training will help you to know what to do in an emergency or at the scene of an accident.
- Venue: Red Cross Training Room, 46 John Street, Whangarei.
- Start time: 8:30am, please allow a few minutes to settle in and grab a cuppa (refresher starts at 10:30)
- Catering: Tea/Coffee provided, bring your own lunch (Half hour break) or buy from a cafe in the area
- Outfit: Wear comfortable clothing as you will be required to move around and on/off the floor
- Cancellation: If the participant can not make the training, do let us know, even as late as 8am on the day. We might have a long waiting list and people on stand-by.
Being able to respond first, while waiting for medical professionals to arrive, is essential to helping others and saving lives.
This course covers:
- safe scene management
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- airway obstruction
- control of severe bleeding
- safe side positioning
- common first aid conditions and how to respond to them
- assessment of emergency situations
- adult, child and infant resuscitation and choking (CPRL2)
- bleeding, shock, fractures, sprains, burns, poisoning
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded a New Zealand Red Cross first aid certificate, valid for 2 years.NZQA Unit Standards:
06401, 06402. If supplied with a valid NZQA ID number, New Zealand Red Cross will lodge these credits for you on successful completion of the course.
This course also meets the Department of Labours - First Aid for Workplaces - A Good Practice Guide (September 2009) and all NZQA First Aid training requirements.
Contribution: $30 plus GST (add $15 admin fee for participants from non-profits not registered with Volunteering Northland)