Code of practice
To maximise the quality and make the experience for the volunteer worthwhile, the organisation will:
- Empower the volunteers to meet their own needs and the needs of the organisation.
- Offer volunteers work opportunities appropriate to their skills, experience and aspirations.
- Provide volunteers with clear duty statements and orientation to their work and the organisation.
- Offer training and support for volunteers to help them achieve personal and work goals.
- Implement procedures to safeguard volunteer safety and wellbeing.
- Offer reimbursement to cover out-of-pocket expenses.
- Recognise volunteers as valued team members with opportunities to participate in relevant organisational decisions.
- Provide mechanisms to acknowledge contributions made by volunteers.