During these unprecedented times, let’s reach out to our neighbours and see if they need some support. If you don’t already have contact with your direct neighbours, then that’s where Community Cards can come in handy.
How do they work?
1. Print cards at: https://covid19.govt.nz/assets/resources/COVID-19_Community-Card.pdf or Create your own
2. Fill out YOUR contact information on the card
3. Hand deliver a card to a few of your direct neighbours’ letterboxes
4. Connect with your neighbours and create a buddy system
5. Organise/Determine your neighbours needs. For instance:
*It’s important that we all stay safe and take extra precautions when delivering items. We recommend that you take the following Health & Safety steps when delivering the Community Cards.
1. Please answer these three questions:
2. Sanitise work area: If you need to work on the Community Cards e.g. fill in your information, please sanitise the area in which you will work with appropriate cleaners.
3. Handwashing: Before you leave the house or handle the Community Cards, wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds and dry them completely, OR; Use 60% alcohol hand sanitiser, applying it to your palm then rubbing your hands together until they are both completely covered in the gel and then letting them dry. This should take 20 secs.
4. Card Delivery: To help protect yourself and others, please avoid touching surfaces such as letterboxes when delivering the cards. If at all possible, please slide the card in the mail slot without opening or touching the letterbox.