Governance bites, 90 minute sessions monthly
Explore Good Governance in 90 minutes
We are holding monthly governance workshops 5:15pm - 7pm for anyone who is on the board of a Northland community organisation.
The sessions will be live-streamed all over Northland allowing off-site participants to interact, asking questions using on-line technology. They will also be available to be viewed on-demand on the Facebook group Community Governance Northland. Note: you need to have joined the group.
MAY and JUNE session are online workshops only.
Monday 08 June: How to have better meetings
- Start: 5:30pm
- Join: click the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/96090745724 (meeting ID: 960 9074 5724)
- Pizza: sorry, you have to provide your own pizza this time
- Download material for this session: coming soon
- 12 August: What is a Board actually for? Watch now
- 9 September: Understanding your constitution, rules or trust deed Watch now
- 14 October: Life-cycles of organisations and boards Watch now
- 4 November: Getting and keeping good board members Watch now
- 16 December: Working with difficult people Watch now
- 9 March: Legal responsibilities of boards Watch now
- 11 May: Reading financial statements for board members Watch now
- 25 May: Secrets of a good board chair Watch now
Online zoom sessions:
- 08 June: How to have better meetings
On-site (Whangarei, Dargaville, Kaitaia) sessions:
- 13 July: The board as a team
- 10 August: Strategic leadership
- 14 September: Managing key personnel
- 12 October: Board manager relationships
- 09 November: Reporting
These bite-sized seminars are designed to be interactive and packed with useful information and tips for ensuring your board is effective in adding value to the important work that your organisation does. Whether you are a new or experienced board member, or planning to join the board of a community organisation, these workshops will allow you to explore relevant issues facing boards and up-skill your governance leadership capabilities. We also strongly encourage youth participation.
We will hand out a "Governance Bites Certificate"
to individuals that attend 7 or more sessions.
These workshops are:
- Facilitated by Volunteering Northland
- Supported by SPORT Northland
- Funded by Foundation North, Kaipara District Council and Whangarei District Council
- Delivered by LEAD, Sandy Thompson