Governance bites, 90 minute sessions monthly
Explore Good Governance in 90 minutes
We are holding monthly governance workshops 5:25pm - 7pm for anyone who is on the board of a Northland community organisation.
For now the remaining sessions will be on-line, using Zoom, allowing participants to interact, asking questions and discussing topics in break-out groups. The sessions will also be available to be viewed on-demand . Please join the Facebook group Community Governance Northland. for up-to-date information and notifications.
Next session on
Monday 9 November
Celebrating success - Meaningful board reports
- Start: 5:30pm
- Join: click the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/96090745724 (meeting ID: 960 9074 5724)
- Pizza: sorry, you have to provide your own pizza this time
- Download material for this session: tba
- 12 August 2019: What is a Board actually for? Watch now
- 9 September 2019: Understanding your constitution, rules or trust deed Watch now
- 14 October 2019: Life-cycles of organisations and boards Watch now
- 4 November 2019: Getting and keeping good board members Watch now
- 16 December 2019: Working with difficult people Watch now
- 9 March 2020: Legal responsibilities of boards Watch now
- 11 May 2020: Reading financial statements for board members Watch now
- 25 May 2020: Secrets of a good board chair Watch now
- 08 June 2020: How to have better meetings Watch now
- 13 July 2020: The board as a team Watch now
- 10 August 2020: Strategic leadership Watch Now
- 14 September 2020: Being a good boss - Managing your staff well Watch now
- 12 October 2020: Partnering to make a difference - The board and manager relationship Watch Now
- 09 November 2020: Celebrating success - Meaningful board reports
These bite-sized seminars are designed to be interactive and packed with useful information and tips for ensuring your board is effective in adding value to the important work that your organisation does. Whether you are a new or experienced board member, or planning to join the board of a community organisation, these workshops will allow you to explore relevant issues facing boards and up-skill your governance leadership capabilities. We also strongly encourage youth participation.
We will hand out a "Governance Bites Certificate"
to individuals that attend 7 or more sessions.
These workshops are:
- Facilitated by Volunteering Northland
- Supported by SPORT Northland
- Recorded by CNorth (first six sessions)
- Funded by Foundation North, Kaipara District Council and Whangarei District Council
- Delivered by LEAD, Sandy Thompson